My first attempt was a horrendous version of the Penelope Peplum. Don't get me wrong, the pattern was easy and the top itself super cute! It just didn't fit me properly. But I have already printed the pattern again and will be making a larger, longer version in the very near future.
My next attempt was the Burda Young 7148. I'm not sure if it was just me but the instructions included with this pattern were about as clear as mud. I ended up cutting out all of the pieces called for in the pattern then excluding some and modifying others until I was happy with the finished top.
(Sorry for the headless photos. The sun was in my eyes and I was making horrible faces. If you saw them you would thank me, they were that scary!)
I used a jersey cotton sheet that I found on clearance at Target as my fabric. Since I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out I didn't want to use my good stuff :). But look, it has a hood and a front pocket/pouch and everything!!!
I will definitely be making more of these. I've also purchased several other patterns that I've found via Instagram and other blogs that I'm anxious to get started on. But first I need to finish up a few other projects.