This has been a WIP for awhile now but I'm just getting around to pulling it out and taking photos.
There is actually a decent reason this project got put on hold...I ran out of the black essex linen that I'm using for the exterior!! I've finally ordered more and hope to get back to work on this soon.
I was fortunate enough to get a bag of Flea Market Fancy scraps from a friend. While waiting on my linen I decided to go ahead and start piecing together the scraps (which were already sewn together into one long strip which made it super quick and easy for me to complete these panels).
I only had enough of the Flea Market Fancy to make one exterior pocket piece and the two side pocket pieces. I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to go for the rest of the bag, but I suppose I'll figure it out as I go :).
The Weekender pattern is somewhat infamous in blog land and I have made it once before--although I hated the finished version so much I don't think I ever actually blogged about it. It found a new home with a friend that actually seemed pretty thrilled with it (go figure!).
Let's hope this version turns out a little better!