Monday, March 18, 2013

Need vs. Want

Well, I stuck to it this weekend...doing what I need versus what I want, that is.  I didn't manage to do much.  Sunday was the lousiest I've felt during either of my pregnancies and Squeak wasn't helping the matter by being unusually grumpy and clingy (there may be another tooth in our near future).

Friday I managed to get six earbud pouches completed and photographed.  They will be available in my Etsy shop VERY shortly.


And Saturday night was dedicated to testing one of my paper pieced patterns.  One little change and it will be ready for the Craftsy shop (and maybe Etsy too, now that I think about it)  Edited and now available for free for a limited time on Craftsy.   I have TONS of patterns ready for testing just not enough time to give them a shot.  This little profile of a bunny ended up becoming a cute little Easter pillow.  Kind of an odd size due to my miscutting of the borders.  Do they make 15 x 15 pillow forms?


And the back.  A simple envelope closure since I didn't have any invisible zippers on hand.  The entire pillow was made using Vintage Modern.  I have a fat quarter bundle of the entire collection and had been waiting for a quilt to inspire me but I've decided to just go ahead and use it when and how I want :).


So like I said, not a whole lot, but it was stuff that NEEDED to be done.  I will be trying to continue this trend even if it means putting off some of my other items (BOMs, Orbit Quilt, Sew Alongs, etc.).  Ugh, it makes me sad and stressed just thinking about it!

Hope everyone has a great Monday and I will be linking up with Plum & June, Anything Goes, Fabric Tuesday and Linky Tuesday this morning.

11 comments:

  1. love your headphone zip pouches! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a fair bit. I've seen those little pouches...great idea! Unfortunately my kiddos don't like the ear buds, so we have full size headphones for them right now. Maybe some day we'll downsize.

    Your PP looks great! Thanks for sharing it.

    Visiting from Anything Goes Monday, have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing your little bunny pattern, I am excited to give it a try. As a person that doesn't do bags or zippers it appears to me that 6 of those pouches is quite an accomplishment. Hope you get to feeling better soon and Squeak does as well so mommy can get a little rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I LOVE THAT LITTLE BUNNY!!!! :) I wish I could get myself to make some actual patterns...I have too many projects in process to star that too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bunny is really cute, and not something that would have worked without paper piecing, I think. But I'd have wanted it on a solid, or near solid, background so it would stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great little pouches and your bunny PP is too cute! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. The earbud pouches are so perfect and pretty! The bunny pillow is so very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The earbud pouches are so cute. So is the Bunny,-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the ear bud pouches... but the pattern requires that it is for personal use only and designer is VERY onto them being sold... You'd need to modify the pattern significantly to not breach copyright. I wouldn't sell them if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no, I feel that way sometimes too! Always doing something for someone else or something I HAVE to do and not enough time for things I want to do. Hopefully you will get a break, soon!

    The bunny is super cute. I've never tried paper piecing like that--looks like fun!

    Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete