Monday, September 8, 2014

The Washi That Almost Wasn't

I didn't buy this fabric with a Washi Dress in mind but after I got it I decided it couldn't be made into anything other than just that despite the fact that it was several inches short of the required yardage.


 Even after I took 6" off of the length it was a VERY close call!!  I had enough fabric to make the sleeves but decided this version didn't need them.  I wanted this version to be a little more form fitting than my previous one so I used a 1" seam allowance.  (I'm too lazy to reprint the pattern, tape it all together, and cut it our again.)  This little modification made it the perfect fit!  It's hard to see in this picture but I once again made this one using the cut out neckline.


I have several different versions of this dress in mind.  I have already bought fabric for a Halloween version.  And I definitely want to make one with long or 3/4 sleeves.  Looks like I will be purchasing the expansion pack before long...

1 comment:

  1. It's adorable!! I really like it on you. Can't wait to see the Halloween version!

    ReplyDelete