Thursday, September 6, 2012

Trash to Treasure

I love going to Goodwill, thrift stores, and even garage sales when I have time.  You never know what you are going to come up with and it allows me to buy items that I normally could not or would not be willing to pay full price for.  Some of my latest finds

 
I plan on redoing my sewing space with gray, black, white, yellow and a hint of turquoise so I thought this little bunny would be the perfect little touch for one of the shelves.
 
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the owl.  I originally planned on painting and distressing him but I'm hesitant since he has such a lovely vintage look and I don't want to ruin him.  What would you do with him?
 
The rectangular box with little figures in it is another mystery.  It reminded me of my childhood and I had to have it.  Now I'm not sure what to do with it...
 
The chair pincushion will be getting the royal treatment with fabric paint and possibly some stenciling.
 
I did buy one other item, an amazing antique owl wall hanging with shelf.  It will definitely be needing a fresh coat of paint and some distressing and a fabric backing, then I will have to decide what else to do from there.
 
So many projects, so little time (sigh)...

No comments:

Post a Comment