Friday, September 28, 2012

A Couple of Finishes and a LOT of WIPs

This week has flown by and I have barely set foot in my sewing room and this weekend doesn't look much better.  We have an out of town wedding to go to that will cut into my already very limited time.  Squeak has not been able to sit still since he learned to crawl so keeping him contained is nearly impossible plus at his 6 month check up a couple of days ago his doctor (who we love!) said it's time to move him from the playpen in our bedroom to the crib in the nursery...it could take up to five nights for him to adjust (5 VERY LONG NIGHTS).

A few things that I DID finish:

 
This fabric was some of the first that I bought when I started sewing.  I used a little bit on a FoldOver Bag that is listed in my Etsy shop and had been saving the rest while waiting for inspiration to strike.  Since I have told myself that I will not buy anymore fabric unless it is for a custom order item I have been trying to use up some of my stash.  I am still trying to build up my inventory for the show in November and send items to Crafted so I figured small items are probably best right now.  Speaking of stash...I have decided to destash and will have a couple of listings up in my shop later this week.


 
I made these with the intention of using them for a dress a friend had requested for her little girl but decided to go a different route.  Any ideas what I should use them for?  A pillow?
 
 
Some more fabric that I've been hanging onto for quite awhile.  I modified Amy Butler's Everything Wristlet to better meet my needs and came out with the perfect diaper clutch.  I think this one will be going to crafted. 

 
This is the first 20" block of the How Far Will You Go QAL and I love it!

 
These are the first of the 5" blocks.  I finally got caught up just in time for the newest block to be released :).  And in the background you can see one of my WIPs.  It is the Riley Blake Halloween Quilt that I've been working on.  It is almost ready to put together.  And I cannot wait to see how it turns out!
 
More WIPS:
 
Super Penguin QAL-the third set of block patterns is printed and ready
Embroidery Projects-I've drawn up several cute designs and just need to get them onto the fabric and get started
Mug Rugs-I must make some of these for the show and stores
Earbud Pouches-lots are cut, just waiting on zippers
Nursing Covers-washed and ready to be put together
Crochet Fedora Baby Hats-pattern bought and printed, need to purchase yarn
Baby Huggs Boots-need to pick out prints and enlarge pattern
And sooooo many more!
 
On another note, after reading this blog post http://www.bijoulovelydesigns.com/2012/09/10-tips-for-better-blog-photos.html?showComment=1348548323044 I will be taking new photographs of all of my ready to ship items to use in my Etsy shop and hopefully increase my sales.  I've known all along that my photos were sub par but wasn't sure how to fix them now I have tons of ideas!
 
Here's hoping for a productive weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, someone is actually reading your blog, even if it's just me for now. Kale and I couldn't be prouder of what you're doing even if he doesn't know it yet. You're incredibly talented, babe, keep doing what you do and hopefully we'll be able to make this your full time thing before too long.

    ReplyDelete