That's what one of my fellow quilters told me at sew day last Wednesday. And it's great advice! I've been debating whether to work on how to tackle my numerous WIPs--work on one until it's completely finished, or do a little on each one until they are all done? I still haven't figured out a good answer but I did decide that since I am only current on one of my BOMs I should at least try to whip up the June block for it :)
And here it is, the June block for the Sugar Club BOM
In an attempt lower my number of WIPs, I pulled out the Dancing Stars quilt I started on last year. I think I'm up to 8 blocks now. I only plan on making it baby size so about 22 more to go, I think...
One more thing to cross off of my list is the custom order toddler bedding set. It is finished! I also saw this photo shoot as a great opportunity to convert Squeak to a big boy bed. My convert I mean that I took the mattress out of the crib and put it on the ground :). Now Little Miss can have his old crib until she gets her own. Btw, did I mention that we weaned Squeak from the bottle?! Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be...
And speaking of Little Miss, here is her first Mommy made outfit. I bought the onesie new from Goodwill and the iron on from Joann's (25 cents!). The pink fabrics and ribbon were already in my stash and she now has a cute little onesie with a drawstring skirt :) Now I just have to tackle bow making (ugh!) and maybe make some shoes...
I signed up a while back to do some pattern testing for a couple of people. A little over a week ago, within minutes of each other, I got e-mails from two of those people. And thanks to a quick response time (not a lot to do when your hunkered down in a storm shelter with 5 other people) I got first pick from both of them. This is the one I tested from Kristy over at Quiet Play. Way cute! It should be up in her Craftsy shop soon! I can't share my other one just yet.
I already posted about my paper pieced block for the tornado victims in Oklahoma but I decided to make it into a mini quilt and use it as my entry into the Modern Mini Quilt Challenge. I will be dedicating an entire post to it later this week but for now here are a couple of photos.
(a close up of my first attempt at pebbling. I actually feel pretty comfortable with it now.)
And a picture of the finished project.
And just because I did so good by working on all of those long forgotten projects, I allowed myself to get started on the first block of my new Christmas quilt. This was my first real attempt at applique and it wasn't nearly as hard as I had built it up to be in my head. I still have to stitch around everything, but for now I'm very pleased!
I'll leave you with a cute parting shot :P--this is what I came home to after sew day on Wednesday (apparently Hubby thought Squeak's diaper rash needed a little air and he was asleep before he knew it).
I may be a little quiet for the next couple of weeks as we will be out of town for awhile. I will be trying to get caught up on my cross stitch samplers while we're away (yay!)
In the mean time, linking up with BOMs Away Monday and Let's Get Acquainted.