Saturday, June 15, 2013

Modern Mini Challenge- Moore Love

I apologize in advance for any typos/formatting errors on this post. We are on the road but I wanted to share with you my entry into the Modern Mini Challenge 2013. I've decided to enter my Moore Love block. I made pieced this block using a paper pieced pattern that I created based on a graphic from a lady at our local quilt guild. The graphic was created to show support to all of those affected my the May tornadoes that ripped through Oklahoma. 


I did try out a few new things when making this mini. I did a bit of embroidery. Just very basic stitches, but its a start, and also pebbling. I must admit that while the pebbling was time consuming I definitely feel more comfortable with it than any other type of free motion design I have tried.


The finished size of my block is approximately 8"x 16".   It was pieced using scraps and my stash. The back is black Essex linen. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you'll check out all of the other wonderful quilts that have been entered into the contest!

1 comment:

  1. Cute mini and I love the pebbling! Thanks for entering the Modern Mini Challenge!

    ReplyDelete