After my fabric buying craze this week I've decided to join in...but I'm adding a rule to make it easier for me to follow (see the last rule).
Approximately 27 yards of fabric courtesy of an end of bolt sale (40% off), 5 plus yards sale (30% off) and a birthday coupon (20%) off. Sadly I also went to JoAnn's and bought a bunch of novelty fabric to make craft show items and I stocked up at an online sale.
FABRIC FAST RULES:
1) No fabric purchases for 6 months beginning .
2) At 6 months reevaluate status and decide whether to keep going for full year. Evaluation .
3) Create a UFO list and complete them!
- Backing: purchasing a backing to finish a quilt top is permissible. However, attempting to use fabric in your possession for a backing is preferable--I don't actually plan on doing this one. I'm going to complete as many quilt tops as I can and finish them at a later time (there will probably be a couple of exceptions though).
- Fabrics to complete a WIP. I'm including the Rock n' Romance collection since it is my living room fabric and I am needing to stock up on it before it becomes impossible to find. Same goes for Salt Water since I'm redecorating the bathroom in it. Rooms count as WIPs right?!
- Books and Magazine purchases are allowed as they are not fabric. Notions acceptable too.
- Custom Order Fabric: Fabric may be purchased to complete custom orders.
- Craft Show Fabric: My inventory is very depleted after a great show in early December, plus I'm supposed to take items to a local shop to sell. I should have plenty of exterior fabrics in my stash but I may need to buy solid lining fabrics (from JoAnn's on sale/with coupon)
- Charm packs and/or layer cakes of new lines. In order to make this goal attainable I need to have a little wiggle room. And my precuts do actually get used.
Okay, okay, I know I ended up changing nearly all of the rules but this will keep me accountable. And it's doable. I know myself too well to be able to say I won't buy anything for 6 months but I will do my best to resist.
I need to sit down and evaluate my WIPs...