It is once again time to go over the "rules" for this month's Big City Bags Sew Along.
I declared that August is a special month in the Sew Along. By that I mean that you can link up both the Lucky Mint Denver Bag AND the Chandelier Swing Bag. And I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned it but you CAN link up more than one version of a bag as long as they are both made during the correct month for the sew along (I'll add that to the rules below).
(Photos used with permission of Martingale Publishing. Photograph by Brent Kane.)
Just in case there are any new participants this month I will leave you with a reminder of the rules:
- We will be sewing the books in the order they are in the book. Only the bag for that specific month will be eligible for the link up.
- The bag must be complete to qualify for prizes.
- On the first of every month I will announce a new project and prize.
- You will have from August 25, 2014 until midnight on August 31, 2014 CST to link up your project for a chance to win that month's prize.
- You can link up more than one bag a month as long as they were both made during the corresponding month
- Join the Flickr group to see all the projects that have been made.
This month's prize is courtesy of Blossom Heart Quilts. Alyce runs a monthly Japanese FQ Club and she has offered up one of her monthly bundles to the winner. And wouldn't you know August's color is pink (my favorite!!). In addition to some super cute fabrics, she also has a couple of great quilt patterns for sale!
Our Generous sponsors:
And a special offer from zipit: 15% off of all orders for those sewing along
Use code sewingwithsqueak at checkout to apply the discount
Who knows, maybe this month I'll have a bit of spare time and be able to whip up a bag to show off!!