Monday, August 11, 2014

The Perfect Plantain

It took three tries but I finally found the perfect size Plantain for me!  

I have printed and cut the pattern twice and I honestly can't remember what sizes I used.  My first version was a little too tight in the upper arms and bust area.  Not horrible.  Still wearable (and I have many times) but not as comfortable as I would have liked. 

For my second attempt I reprinted the pattern and cut a larger size, again no I idea which one.  It turned out a little too big and looked sloppy.  This of course does not stop me from wearing it...  No photo of this one since I apparently haven't done a post about it yet (whoops!!)

 (I can't take a decent photo so I might as well ham it up, right :) ?)

For my third attempt I pulled out a piece of solid black knit that I bought years ago with a maxi skirt in mind.  I had pulled out my treasured Echino Deer to use in a different project (again, unblogged) and had a small piece left over that had a single deer on it.  I couldn't let it go to waste so I used a pattern piece from the Belcarra Blouse by Sewaholic (another finished project I've yet to show off) to fussy cut the perfect little pocket.

I didn't want to bother with taping the pattern together again so I decided to use the one I already had and just use a slightly larger seam allowance.  It worked perfectly!!  I now want one of these in every color.  

At first I thought the pocket might be to bright and in-your-face but the more I wear it, the more I love it!!

(I apologize for the boob shot but I love this little pocket!!)

This pattern really is great and only uses 1 yard of fabric!!  I highly recommend it for seamstresses of all levels!

As you can tell I have many, many projects that are finished and simply need to be photographed so be on the lookout for them in the coming weeks...

1 comment: