This quilt was made at the request for a former customer. I had her two other quilts using Amy Butler fabric in past. I never managed to put up a post about them but I did manage to find a couple of photos...
She wanted me to use up the scraps left over from the quilt in the top photo. This was really the only layout option based on what I had left. I think it turned out pretty cute :).
She wanted a lightweight quilt that would fit in her daughter's backpack so we decided to skip the batting and use a soft flannel for the backing.
I originally planned on doing simple, wide-spread, straight line quilting but couldn't resist trying something a little different in the end. The finished quilt measures approximately 44" x 42".
The binding was machine stitched on for the sake of durability. Daycare can be rough!!
All in all it was quick and easy. Hope the customer is happy!!