Friday, August 15, 2014

Custom Order Complete

This quilt was made at the request for a former customer.  I had her two other quilts using Amy Butler fabric in past.  I never managed to put up a post about them but I did manage to find a couple of photos...


 



She wanted me to use up the scraps left over from the quilt in the top photo.  This was really the only layout option based on what I had left.  I think it turned out pretty cute :).


She wanted a lightweight quilt that would fit in her daughter's backpack so we decided to skip the batting and use a soft flannel for the backing.

I originally planned on doing simple, wide-spread, straight line quilting but couldn't resist trying something a little different in the end.   The finished quilt measures approximately 44" x 42".

The binding was machine stitched on for the sake of durability.  Daycare can be rough!!


All in all it was quick and easy.  Hope the customer is happy!!

1 comment: