Wednesday, October 29, 2014

My Mysterytown Pillow

I wanted to make my Mysterytown Cross Stitch into a project case but the size just wasn't working for me so instead it became a pillow :).  And I couldn't decide what features to include in my case.  I know I'll need a scissor leash, a needle pad, and a clear plastic zippered pouch for thread, but what am I forgetting???
 
 

Back to the project at hand--I really wanted to add black pom pom trim around the edges but everywhere was sold out (or at least everywhere that was open on Sunday) so I settled for orange.  After getting it home from the store I realized there were a few pom poms missing but there wasn't much I could do about it so I'll just hope no one notices.


A closer shot so you can see what an amazing pattern this is (The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery strikes again).


 And of course one  Halloween pillow is never enough--and JoAnn was having a great sale on Halloween fabrics--so I whipped up this 18" burlap pillow late Sunday night.

And since I finished this project, I am now, by my new rules, allowed to start a new one :).  I'm debating between Wacky Witches by Cloud Factory and the new Christmas Celebration Sampler by Frosted Pumpkin...  Oh, who am I kidding?!  You know I'm going to get them both ;)

BTW, I've been working on a new project/tutorial that is cross stitch related.  So far it's been a fail but I'm hopeful.  If nothing else you can get a good laugh at my expense :P.

1 comment:

  1. SO Cute!!! I love this. How long did the Halloween Town take you to do? Love the orange pom-poms too!

    ReplyDelete