Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Clearing out the Clutter

I have been telling myself for awhile now that I will finish all the projects I have started but never completed...and there are a lot of them! 

I started by finishing the 8 curvy clutches that were ordered as bridesmaids presents.  The pattern is by Michelle Patterns (formerly Keyka Lou) at http://www.etsy.com/shop/michellepatterns?ref=ss_profile.  I have used many of hers in the past and they are all wonderful!


I used Holly Taylor for Moda fabrics from her Simpler Time line.  The interior is a cut log print.  Very rustic and woodsy. 

The next project I decided to tackle was one I started last week.  It was a new pattern ordered at the request of a friend.  She got married last Saturday and I decided it would be a perfect present for her (not really fair to her husband, but what can I say :) ).  The pattern was definitely not the best one I have ever used-unclear instructions and missing measurements.  The first attempt had to be abandoned because of exposed seams on the side pockets.  I ended up making her an entirely new bag out of different fabrics (which I forgot to take a picture of before I gave to her).  I couldn't stand to throw away the original bag so I decided to finish it while waiting for inspiration on how to fix the pockets.  This is what I ended up with...




The best I could come up with was to add a ribbon trim to the bottom of the pockets.  I had some in my stash that had the right colors so I put it on there as a quick fix.  The bag isn't up to my standards to sell in my shop but my mother-in-law will be thrilled to have it.  Poor lady gets all of my sub par items.  Although I was not happy with the pattern as a whole, I was able to adapt it when making the second bag and will be using the modified version again in the future.

My next project is one that is long overdue...a bag for ME!  I found the most amazing fabrics at my favorite local craft shop-The Savage Quilter-and cannot wait to get started! 


I hope to have it finished and pictures posted tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment