Monday, July 9, 2012

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  We got to spend some quality time with my dad and brother.  The baby seems to be the magic touch - - my dad (who lives about 3 hours away) has been to visit me more in the last 4 months than in the last 9 years :).  And my grandparents have made their first trip to my house as well. 

I have a few of my items for sale at my friend Kaley's shop The Posh Polka Dot (http://www.facebook.com/ThePoshPolkaDot?ref=ts) and along with being one of my best customers she also sends custom orders my way occassionally.  This weekend she had a woman looking for an OU dress for her 12 month old.  I have a couple of cute OU fabrics so I decided to give it a try.  I just have to put the finishing touches on it so pictures should be up tomorrow.

I also managed to get a few Swing Bags constructed.


The first bag is constructed of fabrics from a box of remnants I ordered from Etsy ( I LOVE remnant and scrap boxes/bags...you never know what your going to get).  When I initially opened this box I was a little disappointed with what I was sent but after looking again I am thrilled.  All of the cuts in the box are big pieces.  I cut the exterior of this from one piece and still have a significant portion left!  The exterior is a Free Spirit fabric, the handles Joel Dewberry and the interior unknown.  The exterior of the middle bag is made of a great bird print from Heidi Grace that I could not resist.  the inside is a coordinating red with small brown polka dots and the handles a solid brown.  The third bag is made from some fabrics I picked up on clearance at Wal-Mart.  I'm really loving the gray, yellow, black, white color scheme (in fact these are the colors that I'm planning to use to redecorate my "shop").  While I love the size and style of the bags and the fact that they are reversible, I feel that they are missing some finishing touch.  I just cannot decide...large bow/sash, flowers, rosettes, buttons?  Maybe I'll try a different thing on each one. 

Tomorrow I hope to have the pictures of the finished OU dress as well as the purses!

No comments:

Post a Comment