Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Road Trip Prep

Last night I thought that I would try to prep for the road trip that we'll be taking this week.  There's no way that I can take my machine with me so I figured this would be the perfect time to work on some EPP and hand quilt and bind by sign.
 
I cut out a template that I printed from the internet and resized it until it perfectly fit the charm squares from the I Spy Spoonflower Swap Round 3.  I cut all of my pieces then started cutting coordinating fabrics for the first one.  (I had decided they would be perfect for mug rugs.) 

(Do you see my mistake?)
 
 I sewed the first two pieces together...only to realize that I had cut octogans not hexis (insert screams of frustration). I continued trying to piece the first one since I had already started and the pieces were cut- makes me wish I had started with one of the fabrics that I didn't like instead of one of my favorites. I resized my HEXI template to fit inside the already cut octogans and will be recutting my pieces and starting over :)

2 comments:

  1. hehe - that's the kind of thing I would do. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Sorry to hear about your mistake. But kudos to you for giving it another try!

    ReplyDelete