Monday, December 1, 2014

Plantain Hack

 For this version of the Plantain Tee I used a double sided jersey knit from JoAnn's.  I had a lot of trouble deciding which side to use!  I decided to make the most of the situation :) and use the reverse side to create a contrasting cuff.

I cut the sleeve pattern piece off 10" from the top of the shoulder and cut a 3" strip of fabric for each cuff.  I then hemmed the cuff pieces at 1/2" then sewed the sleeve and the cuff together with the wrong sides together before finally sewing the sleeve and side seam.  I put it together in that order to help keep cuff in place.




 This time I scaled my pattern down to a medium instead of a large and as always, I added 2" to the length of the shirt.


This photo gives you better idea of the color :)



No comments:

Post a Comment