For some reason I thought I had until the 28th to get my sewing room ready for its big reveal but when reading through my blogs yesterday I realized it was TODAY! So here it is--or at least as much of it as I was able to get done. And later on there are some quilty things to show you :).
A view from the door. I rearranged the tablecloth so that it covers the whole table and hides what is underneath. On my Singer cabinet is my pile of clothing that needs mending and a little scrap bucket for overflows. Just to the right of it is a plastic three drawer container that contains all of my scraps. They are now divided by color and all non-quilt shop quality pieces have been removed. The top of this little bin is currently the home of two of my quilt tops in progress (more on those later if you'll stick with me through the reveal).
I love this little corner. The armoire definitely needs some touch ups on its paint but its the perfect place to display my jar of selvages, chair pincushion, basket of spools (needs to be painted and lined), a china cup pincushion that was my great grandmother's and my birdcage filled with my Cheep Talk fabrics. I also finally got to hang my sign since the hand quilting is finished (yay!).
The printer got moved from the floor to the table and I recovered my zipper container with new scrapbook paper to match the rest of the room. I've had the prints on the wall for quite a while but couldn't find frames I liked for them. I finally gave up and just used tape to put them up. My cutting board has the fabrics for my next project and my Carbany Street and Rock n' Romance bundles laid out and ready to go.
I failed to get a picture of this part last time. I've put my ironing board as close to my machine as possible since I do so much paper piecing (which is what that stack of fabric and paper is).
Pretty, pretty fabric. The top four shelves are non-quilt shop quality (which I'm contemplating getting rid of) and the bottom two are top of the line. Every room needs a Scentsy warmer :) and it is sitting on the newly covered top of a plant stand. Just a little bit of scrapbook paper and hot glue and TADA! The wall above the TV is bare so I'm thinking this is where I will put the shelves that I bought on clearance at Target this weekend. They need a coat of paint then they'll be ready.
Anyone have any idea how to hide all of those cords?! Between two machines, two lamps, an iron, hot glue fun, Scentsy warmer, TV, router, modem and who knows what else, this corner is a mess and I don't know how to fix it!
I moved my roll of batting to the closet and added a solid black curtain so that it is not quite so distracting.
Not a whole lot of change to the corner behind the door except that it's more organized.
This organizer is kind of a mix of items. It's got lots of little totes and pouches that are waiting for a home a well as some artwork, baby items, cross stitch wips, and towels that need to be made into pillows.
And of course, Josie hasn't changed much. She was a little irritated that she wasn't getting any attention.
I had a couple of small cork boards laying around and one was the perfect size to add to the side of my stackable storage container to make a little place to keep coupons and things. Again, all I needed was a little hot glue.
And since you've stuck with me this far, I'll show you the progress I made on my Scrappy Swoon Quilt this weekend.
And the start of my Orbit Quilt.
I decided to do a slightly scrappier version for mine. So far I'm loving it and it is going together so quickly. I would be a lot farther but I miscalculated how much fabric I would need :/ so another trip to the LQS is in store for me.