Thursday, December 20, 2012

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Or so I hope anyway.  Sorry I've been a bit absent this week.  All of my orders are made and in the mail and I do have some things to share.
 
First off, I constructed the exterior of the Weekender Bag (finally!).  BUT, I forgot to take pictures of it.  I started working on it again so that I could give it as a present for Christmas.  The Husband's Aunt would have loved the scrappy exterior--for her the more chaotic the better :).  Another BUT, even with the exterior done it was still going to take me way too long to finish and it was going to be bigger than I had in mind for her.
 
So I raided my scrap pile. And this is what I came up with.
 

And the finished purse.  She is a big OSU fan so I'm hoping she'll like it.  And it only took me about an hour to make.

 
And my second Christmas present to cross off of my list (well almost).  The Rooster Project.  All of the quilting is done and the binding has been sewed on the front and is halfway done being handstitched onto the back.  I should have it finished up tomorrow.  It's not my style at all but for some reason this is going to be hard to let go of.

 
I have a couple of other Christmas presents in the works but they are for people who might actually read by blog so I think I'll keep them under wraps for now ;)
 
I have also been trying my hand at designing paper pieced patterns.  I have quite a few ready to test so if all goes well I will have them ready to reveal this weekend!
 

1 comment:

  1. Great gifts! Hope you're able to get them all done in time. Looking forward to seeing you paper piecing adventures.

    ReplyDelete