Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Good News Is...

I get to keep the purse. Over the summer I bought some Alexander Henry fabrics-intending to make a bag for myself. Several months went by until I finally decided to make my bag. It turned out beautifully! I was so pleased with it that I felt guilty keeping it and decided to take it to a couple of craft shows to see if I could sell it. Two craft shows later and I still had it. I decided to take it for a test run...still love it and I've decided to keep it. The bad news--it now has coffee all over it, hence the keeping it. You can't see the stain at all, even if you know it's there but I could never in good conscience sell a bag that had something on it, right?! ;)


 
Now for a list of my works in progress:
 
How Far Will You Go QAL-need to make the last 3 blocks then start on the layout
Super Penguin QAL-need to make the blocks from Set 4
Easy Street QAL-halfway done with Part 1, then need to start Part 2
Francine the Fox-DONE!  Ready to be shipped to Sew to Speak
Crocheted Fedoras-I've started over on these several times trying different things and I'm not happy with the results.  One more try and I'm giving up.
Grandma's Rooster Project-need to add borders, quilt and bind
25 Days of Cross Stitch Project-about 1/3 of the way done.
Swallow Sign-need to hand quilt around the letters
Pervalong-need to finish quilt top
Long Weekend Bag-exterior is pieced and lining is cut, I just need to sew it together
Halloween Quilt-need to finish piecing the back, then put it all together
 
And a list of my projects that are in the planning stages:
 
Custom Order Wallet
Custom Order Diaper Bag
Carseat Canopy for a baby shower gift
Custom Order Journal
Christmas Stockings
Wall Hanging for Dad's Christmas
Wine Tote for Brother's Christmas
Wine Tote for Mother's Christmas
Purse for Aunt's Christmas
Wall Hanging for Cousin's Christmas
Mug Rugs for Co-Worker
Isosceles Triangle QAL-will be our family Christmas Quilt
Reindeer PP Pillow-made to match the above quilt :)
Star of the Sea QAL
Curve It Up QAL
Value Added QAL
Quilted Lunch Box (for me!)
Tote for collapsible clothing rack pieces (for me)
Welding Drawstring Duffels for Dad & his co-workers
Log Cabin Mug Rugs using Spoonflower Charms
Sugar Club QAL-starts in January
UR Priceless Pouch
 
***I realize a lot of the QAL have already passed the deadline for linking up but I still want to make the quilts.***
 
For those of you that have left comments saying that you like tutorials (and really, who doesn't?!), I have one in the works so bear with me.  As soon as I get somewhat caught up on the above list I will start putting it together :)
 
Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday.
 
 
 
 
  

1 comment:

  1. your bag looks good, I have a pattern and fabric for a bag, just havent made it yet

    ReplyDelete