Monday, December 17, 2012

Some Finishes...Finally!

I didn't have a lot of time to sew this weekend, but I did manage to finish the custom order diaper bag.

 
It took me forever, but I love the way that it came out.  And if the original customer doesn't want it, I think I already have someone else lined up :)
 
I was going to make both the front and the back panels pieced but in an effort to save time decided to make the back out of the gray used on the sides.  I'm glad that I did.  I think it would have been too much to have both the front and the back pieced and quilted. 

 
A side view.  I used a different quilting pattern in for each color (they were all straight line quilting though).

 
An essential for any good diaper bag...multiple pockets.  This pocket runs the length of the bag but is divided into three sections of varying size.

 
And this side is more for the mom.  It has a cell phone pocket and another pocket that has been divided into three sections that are the perfect place for a pen, lip gloss, and other knick knacks.
 
This diaper bag was pretty basic but maybe it would be a good first tutorial?  The feedback that I got during the Sew Mama Sew Giveaway showed a demand for them but I've been hesitant.  I know that this diaper bag is 100% my own so maybe its a good place to start.  Or maybe start smaller with a tutorial for these chapstick cozies...

 
Someone bought all of the keyring chapstick cozies that I had at Crafted.  Here is the next shipment.  The blue and green one on the right is a custom order.  The original shipment was put together with glue but I started to worry about how well they would hold up so I sewed these together and am pleased with how they came out.

 
And I finally got my Elves finished!  I'm pretty pleased with how cute they turned out :)


 
New storage thanks to Dad.  He picked up a few of these at a local store and brought me one to try out.  I'm not sure yet what I will put on it but it might be a good size for some fat quarters...hmmm

 
And this is what gets me though the work day.  Being able to look up and see my adorable little boy and a cute winter bird (that and the portable space heater).
 
Linking up to Plum & June.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the pretty custom order finish. Your pine cone elves are adorably creative ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete