Thursday, December 27, 2012

My First Pattern!

I finally did it! I finished my first pattern and did a test block and love the outcome! You can check it out on Craftsy.

 
This is the first block of a 9 block travel themed quilt that I have planned.

 
The last minute mug rug I made for my mother to go with her tea themed gift.

 
The very last minute wall hanging I made for my dad.  I messed up on the top penguin but decided he was just a well fed version of the second one :)

 
My first time using a zig zag stitch to attach the binding.  I definitely need to work on this a little.  Sorry I cannot remember where I found the tutorial for this.

 
My amazing present from The Husband's aunt.  She knows I love owls and I've obviously already found the perfect spot for it.  This prompted a rearranging of everything in the kitchen but photos will have to wait until after we put up the tree.

 
I'm not at all happy with this block from the fourth set of blocks for the Super Penguin QAL.  My chocolate does not look like milk chocolate.  It looks like dark chocolate with mold or something growing on it (ewwww!) and it blends into the background too much.  Bad fabric choices on my part.

 
This one is a little better, but again the whisk blends into the bowl a little more than I would like.  I was thinking the gray was darker and would stand out more.  I also made 3/4 of the third block only to realize that I had mixed up my fabrics and there was no other option to than to start over.

 
We did our Christmas with The Brother last night after he got off of work.  This was the wine tote I made him.  I was sewing the binding on as he was driving over :/  He got a couple of great things for Squeak and some wonder clips for me (yay!)

 
And, most exciting of all...I finished all of the blocks for my How Far Will You Go Quilt!  I ended up short one 10" block so I must have only made one version of a block that needed two.  I just whipped up another one of the last block and called it done.  I have now sewn together all of the blocks in the upper right corner and hope to have the rest done tonight, then on to the borders!
 
Linking up to BOMs Away Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Love the suitcase block! Very cool! Some great fussy cut options there on the labels/stickers!

    Looks like you've been busy with your sewing over Christmas! Lots of lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Some great work here. :) Love your How Far Will You Go. Doesn't it just drive you nuts sometimes, the way fabric behaves differently than you think it will? I still like your whisk and chocolate. :) Looking forward to seeing your Travel project emerge!

    ReplyDelete